Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts

Family Reunion with your spouse/partner(German/non German) or with our German minorchild

08.04.2022 - Artikel

In general, Israeli nationals do not require a visa to enter Germany. They can apply for the necessary residence permit from the Foreigners Authority (Ausländerbehörde) upon arrival in Germany.
For an application at the German Embassy in Tel Aviv you need to make an appointment online:

On your appointment please submit the following documents:
ө Two fully completed and signed application forms
You can download the national visa application form from our internet page
ө A valid passport (original + one copy)
ө Two biometric passport photos
ө marriage certificate with apostille and German translation certified by a notary public (original +one copy)
ө German partnership certificate (Israeli partnership contracts are not recognized in
Germany), (original +one copy)
ө Proof of a basic knowledge of the German language* (A1 certificate issued by the Goethe- Institute, two copies)
ө Copy of your spouse’s passport and copy of German residence permit of your spouse (back and front) if your spouse is a foreigner (+ one copy)

ө Copy of your spouse’s registration in Germany (+ one copy)

If you want to join your German minor child in Germany:
ө Birth certificate of your German child with apostille and translation into German certified by a notary public (Does not apply for German birth certificates, + one copy)
ө evidence of custody for the child (+ one copy)
ө copy of child’s passport (+ one copy)

The application fee for a national visa is Euro 75.- and can be paid in NIS in cash or per credit card.
An application for family reunion to a German child or spouse is free of charge.

The visa department has to consult the local Foreigner’s authority in Germany. It usually takes up to 3 months until the final decision on your application is taken. We therefor kindly ask you to not send any inquiries to the Embassy within the first three months.

It is not necessary to submit the A1 certificate if the spouse living in Germany is a national of one of the following countries:
EU countries except for Germany, Andorra, Australia, Honduras, Israel, Japan, Canada, Monaco, Republic of Korea, New Zealand, San Marino, USA.

nach oben